Sober Partners® | $1000 College Scholarship
Sober Partners® is excited to offer our $1000 College Scholarship. Our Mission is to bring awareness to students and their families about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse as we enter higher education and remind them that it can happen to anyone of us. In that spirit, we decided to offer the winner of our scholarship $1000 in financial aid.
Students can apply for our scholarship below and the winner will be chosen by our staff of addiction specialists on July 31st 2020. Any student can apply and we are especially interested in hearing from students whose lives have been impacted by addiction or mental health. Each student will have the opportunity to provide a personal statement (up to 500 words) telling us how these issues have impacted their life. If you plan on using your education to help others, make sure to mention that in your personal statement.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. Resident
- Deadline for submissions is July 31st 2020
- Enrolled or accepted in an accredited college or university
- High School seniors are encouraged to apply
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Winner must report outside scholarship to the financial aid department
- Consent to be listed as the winner of The Sober Partners College Scholarship on our website
- Awarded funds must be spent on college tuition, room/board, or other education related expenses.
Scholarship Tip: Stay Organized!
Applying for scholarships can be overwhelming. Many students will apply for multiple scholarships, and the following tips will help you keep track of your efforts:
- Keep copies of all essays and paperwork in a file
- Have your transcripts handy, or know how to send them to scholarship offices
- Keep other important forms, such a standardized test scores, financial aid forms and letters of recommendation on hand
- When you submit a scholarship application, make note of that in an excel spreadsheet, along with the date of submission.
2020 SPRING SEMESTER AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT
Congratulations to our winner and we have a surprise runner up!
We would like to thank all of our applicants for their expressed desire to help with the problem of addiction. It was really amazing to see how many young adults there are that want to help fight this battle against addiction. It was a difficult choice to make as so many of our applicants moved us with their personal experiences and desire to aid struggling addicts. It was so hard, in fact, that we couldn’t choose just one winner so we are pleased to announce our winner- Michaella Reilly and our runner up- Srishti Bose. Michaella will receive $1000 in financial aid and Srishti (our surprise runner-up) will receive $500. We feel that both of these students really deserve this and that they will put their education to use, helping those in need.