What is Alcohol Poisoning

What is Alcohol Poisoning

What is Alcohol Poisoning | Signs and Symptoms

Alcohol poisoning is a serious condition that a person usually acquires when he or she drinks too much alcohol in a short period of time. Anybody who consumed excess of any form of alcohol is more prone to seizure, coma or worst, death. This is why knowing the signs of what is alcohol poisoning can help you determine if you are infected or not before it is too late.

There are some symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning you need to learn and understand before you or other people around you lose consciousness. These symptoms may help you able to avoid further worsening of the person’s situation such as slowing down of vital functions or suffering through excessive pain or even having permanent brain damage.

One symptom of alcohol poisoning is when the person feels nauseous or vomits repeatedly. Look after the victim if he continues vomiting until he has fallen unconscious. Basically, the body tries to expel the alcohol from the digestive tract, the reason why a person vomits. Be watchful because usually, the cause of death from poisoning occurs when a person gets suffocated on his own vomit when he passed out so you have to let the person stay awake.

Physical impact of Alcohol Poisoning

You have to talk to the person to determine his mental awareness because there are some cases that the victim who didn’t regain consciousness end up in a coma. Most seizure activities may also happen when the person is unconscious and these seizures may result to:

  • Dehydration
  • Hypoglycaemia
  • Brain Damage.

Another example of common signs of alcohol poisoning is when the person experience shallow and irregular breathing patterns. Slow breathing is typically defined as a sign of poisoning especially if the person breathes less than eight times per minute. Due to excessive drinking of alcohol, a person may also experience hypothermia or low body temperature so you have to feel the victim’s skin if it is cold, clammy or appears in pale bluish color.

Alcohol poisoning is a severe situation that you should never disregard. There are a lot of people who suffer from it because of lack in immediate medical attention can be detrimental to one’s health. These Signs of alcohol poisoning are provided so you could analyze and do some immediate response to keep the person’s life safe.

For more information – Call Toll-Free: (855) 99-PARTNER (855-997-2786)

Get Help Now!

Please fill out the following form to contact
Sober Partners® by email, immediately!