Today is the deadline for The Sober Partners College Scholarship applications. If you haven’t applied yet, today is your last chance to apply for $1000 in financial aid for the spring semester of college.
Sober Partners® | $1000 College Scholarship
Sober Partners® is excited to offer our $1000 College Scholarship. Our Mission is to bring awareness to students and their families about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse as we enter higher education and remind them that it can happen to anyone of us. In that spirit, we decided to offer the winner of our scholarship $1000 in financial aid.
Students can apply for our scholarship below and the winner will be chosen by our staff of addiction specialists on December 10th 2019. Any student can apply and we are especially interested in hearing from students whose lives have been impacted by addiction or mental health. Each student will have the opportunity to provide a personal statement (up to 500 words) telling us how these issues have impacted their life. If you plan on using your education to help others, make sure to mention that in your personal statement.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. Resident
- Deadline for submissions is December 10 2019
- Enrolled or accepted in an accredited college or university
- High School seniors are encouraged to apply
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Winner must report outside scholarship to the financial aid department
- Consent to be listed as the winner of The Sober Partners College Scholarship on our website
- Awarded funds must be spent on college tuition, room/board, or other education related expenses.
Scholarship Tip: Stay Organized!
Applying for scholarships can be overwhelming. Many students will apply for multiple scholarships, and the following tips will help you keep track of your efforts:
- Keep copies of all essays and paperwork in a file
- Have your transcripts handy, or know how to send them to scholarship offices
- Keep other important forms, such a standardized test scores, financial aid forms and letters of recommendation on hand
- When you submit a scholarship application, make note of that in an excel spreadsheet, along with the date of submission.