Mental Health | and Dual-Diagnosis
While there is no easy answer to drug and alcohol addiction associated with mental health issues, it is treatable, and many people live long and successful lives in sobriety. If you or a loved one are an alcoholic, suffer from alcoholism or drug dependence, our Orange County Staff and resort setting awaits you. So, take the next serious step. we’re here to help you take your assessment!
The assessment findings will serve as the framework for the treatment plan. Our drug and alcohol rehab treatment programs encourage our clients to address key issues that caused them to turn to drugs and alcohol in the first place and obtain the life skills and coping tools needed to achieve and maintain long-term recovery from the insidious diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction.
Sober Partners® therapeutic residential recovery experience is located in Huntington Beach within minutes of John Wayne Airport. Our homes are conveniently located in warm and sunny Orange County, CA USA. Also, just minutes from our clinical center where we treat all forms of addiction including alcohol, prescription and illicit drugs. Huntington Beach is home to a wealth of great beachfront and outdoor recreational activities.
The best way to treat an addiction and a mental issue is not one at a time. According to new research, it is best to address all these problems at once. These are called Dual-Diagnosis’s.
We focus our combined effort to address all the underlying issues is the best way to not only solve the drinking problem, but can actually solve them. Research has shown a link between addictions and other disorders. In order to completely recover, each issue needs to be addressed as a whole. Alcoholism is one of the things that benefits greatly from mental health treatment, as the two are very closely related. According to research, over 44% of people that are considered alcoholics also have mental health complications before they became dependent on alcohol. Many others develop these mental problems after the onset of dependence. Some of these problems include dysthymia and depression.
One of the best ways to not only identify, but help address these issues, is through counseling. These therapy and counseling sessions include relapse-prevention skills, they help you figure out what triggers the unwanted behavior, alcohol addiction and alcoholism education, and they find out other issues that are related to their mental health issues. There are many differently effective types of counseling that can help treat both issues (alcohol and mental) at the same time. They include:
- Group sessions. These sessions are similar to those made famous by 12 step programs. Usually, these sessions involve group sharing, and patents can derive strength and support from other patients going through the same symptoms and problems. This is a great way to show the patient that they are not alone, and break down any walls of isolation.
- Individual Sessions. These are more private, one on one session with a counselor or therapist. These sessions usually include personal soul searching, as well as identifying the triggers that lead you to the undesired action (drinking). Patients generally explore the events and situations that drove them to drink, and figure out ways to help avoid it.
- Aftercare. After you successfully complete rehab, the aftercare begins. When a person returns back to society after completing rehab, they are faced with the outside world and the pressures within. Sometimes, this is not easy. There are many things that can make this transition very scary, or even challenging. They include:
- Temptation. This is one of the biggest things that can make a person relapse. Meeting up with old friends and acquaintances can cause a person to slip back down the slippery slope of addiction.
- Lack of Understanding. If you have never been through alcohol addiction recovery, then you don’t really understand what’s going on. Many people will try to be helpful, and offer you advice, but simply won’t really understand. This can make it harder to feel “normal” in your day to day life.
- Stress and Distraction. Life is stressful. Things happen that distract us all the time. Stress and distraction are some of the leading reasons people relapse.
Conclusion: If you or someone you care about is struggling with an addiction, Sober Partners® drug and alcohol treatment center in Huntington Beach, Orange County, CA offers addiction rehabilitation programs geared towards Mental Health issues and compatible with treating clients having Dual-Diagnoses. and proven to successfully transform an individual from a life controlled by addiction to a clean, sober, and recovered life. We have found that offering a individual treatment options gives clients the opportunity to explore what is most personally effective.
We begin integrative treatment starting with a comprehensive assessment and evaluation of each client’s current state of addiction.
Upon admission to the program, clients go through extensive assessments and evaluations, including the following: a medical history and physical; blood testing when indicated; complete psychological-social evaluation; and a psychiatric work-up, if indicated, as well. The results of these comprehensive assessments are utilized to create a customized, detailed treatment program, which will be followed by the patient for the duration of their treatment period.